View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #234
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 20467 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Do we really want a player who is only a returner when we have holes and the past two seasons, depth issues? That's taking up a valuable roster slot for a guy who can only return because what he has shown as a receiver leaves much to be desired.

As for Burress, honestly I'm not interested even if I think Walter needs to be replaced. I just see little point in replacing a possession receiver with another possession receiver pass his prime. He isn't going to go out and be that playmaker we need at that spot. This team lacks speed and that really needs to change. Burress wouldn't be the one to do that nor do anything really different at that spot than Walter. Having someone other than AJ that can stretch the field would help loosen coverage underneath as well. We got a glimpse of it with Posey.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote