View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Franchise deadline almost here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
As it stands, most could easily say Winston is the better option compared to Newton. That could change in the future.
We'll agree to disagree on Winston. Our run game & passing game is just as good as it was with Winston. We had a three game skid at the end of the season & "everybody" is still emotional over that. Most don't remember we had multiple 3 game skids in previous seasons.

Factor in that Newton is younger with room to grow (improve), not making starter money..... I'd pick Newton in a heartbeat. I was very impressed with him before he got hurt, which just happens to coincide with when the offense started to struggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Couldn't agree more on some of Smith's questionable moves & to be honest he isn't doing much this offseason to change my mind. I personally will be highly upset if this team allows a quality player such as Quin walk away & Walter remains. Walter's $3.5M could easily offset what Quin could end up making & Quin has quite a bit more to offer this team in terms of ability & youth IMO. Keeping an overpaid underperforming wr while letting youth & potential walk away would show Smith's incompetence yet again IMO. We will see...
I'd be upset if two years from now we "have to" overpay Manning (again) because we don't have a good safety. This year, he should be primed for restructuring to lower his cap number, or an outright paycut (which I don't think they would do).

Imagine 2015 we're back to pre-Quin/Manning safety play.