View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #24
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you be mad if the Texans drafted the top rated Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
NOPE!! I don't really care what position we draft in the first so long as they start. I really really want one of the top DT's but as long as we are adding high quality starter ill be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yes I would be mad.

If a S was drafted he wouldn't be a starter. The Texans need a starter coming out of the 1st rd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Yes I'd be mad. We've got much bigger holes on the team than backup Safety. I agree we should get better at #3 Safety but not in the 1st round or even the first 3 rounds. There's much bigger needs at NT, WR, ILB, and O-line depth. Besides I want a really tall Safety like TJ McDonald, or a converted CB like Tharold Simon.
The days of our 1st round pick HAVING to be a starter are behind us (see Mercilus - he didn't immediately start) and hopefully things STAY that way. That means we don't have any HUGE holes in our lineup and are in reload (like the Patriots), not rebuild mode.

I'd be amazed if our 1st pick was anything other than an OLB (assuming Barwin is gone) or a WR (based on the noises McNair has been making). A stud rookie in one of those two spots has the best chance to crack the starting lineup imho.

I suppose one could add ILB to that list but from what you draftniks are saying there won't be anyone of 1st-rd quality at that position when our turn comes up.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote