View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013   #141
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Antonio Smith is identical in size to DJ, both are 6'4" and 280-285 range. Antonio doesn't seem to have issues holding up against the run so Im not sure why you think DJ would have issues. DJ put up 29 reps at the combine which is a solid number, doesn't seem to lack strength. I believe he had 19 TFL last season as well.

As I mentioned previously, I like this guy and would be happy if we drafted (I'd be even happier if we traded back to pick up an extra 3rd and were still able to grab him) BUT there are other guys I'd like to grab as well.

As for him not starting, I believe we grabbed Okoye based on potential and need and passed on Willis because we had drafted Ryans the previous year and didn't need an ILB. Im not trying to equate DJ with Willis, just that I believe we should go BPA unless we are chocked full of talent at a position (not a problem we have LOL)

The thing I like about DJ is his versatility. I think he could take over for AS next season while still contributing this coming season.

Truth be told though, even if we re-sign Barwin, I view OLB as a serious position of need for us. Our pass rush last year outside of Watt was not good. I think Mercilus will be a player, but if we move Reed inside (which I think is a great idea) we need to add players to the OLB rotation. If the Cushing injury showed us anything this year is that quality depth at primary positions is quite important.

A guy I'd seriously consider at 27 or with a trade back to the top of the 2nd is Jamie Collins. He's ultra explosive and very versatile (he's a former DB), being able to help inside as well as outside. His team was horrible last year otherwise he'd definitely be considered in the top 32 prospects, shoot he's heading that way now. i was hoping he'd be our 2nd round pick but I don't think he'll be there now.
^^^^
This

I really like Collins too, if Brandon Williams isn't there in the 2nd Collins would be a great pick. Collins=great talent/untapped potential.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote