View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Franchise deadline almost here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
When you consider that Winston's salary was in the same range that Briesel & Myers are earning then he wasn't exactly breaking the bank. It seemed he was getting paid a fair amount.
If I remember right, we were paying Winston $5M/yr. I didn't think he was worth it. I don't think he is worth it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs manage to acquire Joekel, & replace Winston.

I don't understand how we're going to say Winston played well in KC, because Jamaal Charles (from Port Arthur, Texas) ran for 85 more yards than Arian did. Or that the Chiefs gave up 40 sacks & we gave up 28. & that's with Newton (a first time starter) playing next to a rookie. But he's not in Winston's class? I admit I didn't watch Winston in KC, but I know how he played.

Winston was what? A 6th year player & most likely led the team in false starts. He's a fine pass protecter when going against your powerful strongside DEs (like a Mario Williams) but against a quicker, Freeny type, or a quick/explosive guy like Clay Matthews, he's like a wet paper sack. On the playside of a run..... I don't know there's a better tackle save maybe DBrown76. On the backside, lots of room for improvement. He didn't flat out suck.. but nowhere near where he should be.

We had/have cap issues, because we paid players more than we should have. We should have parted ways with Winston after 2010. We should not have franchised Dunta. Antonio Smith, imo, only started earning his money since Wade got here. Wade Smith... great first season, but the last couple... way over paid. & yeah.... $16M+ or whatever we paid Mario in 2011. Not very bright.