View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013   #56
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Franchise deadline almost here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I could name about half the league in guys I'd prefer but he's a good player. I also mean that there is nothing wrong with being just "good". He's a slot above JAG (just a guy) and a notch below the top tier players. "Starting caliber" player but isn't a ball hawk, doesn't have elite range or instincts, but does just about everything fairly well. I consider him above average in man coverage (unless covering very speedy wrs). Decent vs the run, but I think took some bad angles last year at times.
Pretty accurate assessment Vinny. I would say Quinn doesn't really excel at one certain thing, but he's solid all around and fits well with what Wade does. Very versatile with his background at CB the first two years in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If teams can find a use for Bernard Pollard, they'll be able to use Glover Quin. That's pretty much what he is. A better Pollard.
Pollard lack true range as a safety, but makes up for it being a more classic in the box safety and fits well into that role only. Reminds me a lot of Roy Williams from OU that played for the Cowboys.

I don't think Quinn is going to have a high FA market value, he's not an elite FS and doesn't hit hard enough to be a in the box safety like Pollard.

My biggest fear with losing Quinn is that the team won't really address the position in the draft or via FA. Looking past Quinn we've got Demps and Keo. They look bad enough when rotated into the defense, I almost puke at the though of either starting.

Barwin is likely gone. I wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up by Pats, they seemed high on him when we drafted him.

I did like what I saw from Merciless when he got reps later in the season, full-time starter? Still not too sure.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote