View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Franchise deadline almost here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Sure, and guess how much money Pollard got from the Ravens. 4 years 10.25 million, for an average of $2,562,500 a year.

Is Quin worth considerably more than that around the league? I don't think so, which is why I think 3-4 million a year for him is a decent number. I seriously doubt we are going to see the Bengals or some other crap team swoop in and offer him something crazy like 4 years 25-30 million.
Hey... I don't want to franchise him either, I'm expecting the same $3-4M/yr you are. $5M would be a stretch.....

However, if I'm the F.O. & I'm thinking we've got a window here, I don't think I would be able to easily replace him.

I said in another thread I'd be willing to acquire a safety in the first if the opportunity arises. I'm mainly looking at Manning & 2014.... basically the same situation. I don't think he's worth $5M/yr anymore than Quin is.