View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013   #53
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Franchise deadline almost here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Injuries are part of the game & every team deals w/ them. Weak excuse, but so be it. If you think this team wouldn't have been better off w/ Ryans manning the middle w/ whomever else was available as opposed to James manning the middle w/ the fillers...well I question your judgement. Ryans next to Cushing was the better option & Ryans manning the middle when Cushing went down would've been a much better option then what we dealt with. Plain & simple. James was hardly an adequate replacement for Ryans & ultimately losing Ryans made that position weaker & area of need.

Winston was better then Newton & Butler. Once again, denying that fact would call your judgement into question. Newton is still young & could develop into a good player, but he had his issues & was not on Winston's level. When you consider that Winston's salary was in the same range that Briesel & Myers are earning then he wasn't exactly breaking the bank. It seemed he was getting paid a fair amount.
You act like there was an option for keeping everyone, you make judgements on what you've seen and what you think you can lose. The OL and LB cores were one of the strenghts of the team so if you had to lose something you could lose a bit there and then pick up.

Did I hate to lose Ryans, absolutely he was my favorite Texan, but I understood that his what 6.6 or so million dollary contract was a lot for us to cover, along with another 5.5 or so from Eric Winston. I personally would have liked to keep both but the numbers just didn't work.

Simply denying the fact we had salary cap issues, makes me call your judgement into question, it's not fantasy land we can't have it all. We are making tough decisions and it just didn't quite work out for us, will it this year? I dunno we still have Matt to get sorted out

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote