View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013   #48
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Franchise deadline almost here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I hope we can retain at least Quin and Casey. Getting quality safety play is not easy and is often what separates good from great defenses, so losing Quin would be a big loss to the team and would create perhaps the team's largest void.
I think we will retain Quin, as I don't think he has much value around the league. He's not exactly a plug-and-play safety that fits all schemes. I think his value will be limited and his market small, but it only takes 1 team to bid up the price against us. I'm hoping we get him for about 3 million a year at most. He's a good player, but not great, and I can't see him making more money than Manning.

Casey I think deserves the minimum. He's easily replaceable through the draft if some other team thinks he's worth anything more than that. I don't really see him finding a new home as a TE, and certainly not as a FB. We really need a TE that can block well, so I would be happy to replace Casey with Delanie Walker if he's not too expensive. We can find a UDFA fullback if need be.

Barwin will be tricky. He had one good season and one bad season, so I don't know what his market value will be. I suspect he will get between 3-5 million a year with low guaranteed money. He's still young and can develop more, so I could see a rebuilding team making a bid for him that we can't afford to match.