View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013   #5
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Path of NFL to Los Angeles Following Same Ugly History

LA needs to come to terms with the fact that it's not a "football" town. It's a basketball town. You don't go to a football game to be "seen". You go to a Laker game for that. Football was never "Fashionable" in Los Angeles. At one point Los Angeles had both the Rams AND Raiders. I remember being in LA when the Raiders were there. I was there on a Saturday and people were oblivious to the fact that there was a football game the following day. Football is an AFTERTHOUGHT in that city.

They want a football team as a status symbol. Translation Frisco has one and even lowly San Diego has one so we should have one. If they had it they wouldn't appreciate it and would treat the team as if they were lucky to BE there. Effectively they're that VERY pretty girl who's bad in bed because in "her" mind you're fortunate to simply HAVE her there. "Why should I do anything? You know how lucky you are to have me?" is the attitude LA gives it's sports teams (with the exception of the Lakers). IF the Clippers move on to another city and win a title I'd laugh myself to death.

That indifference towards (in my opinion) the GREATEST game in the world is PRECISELY how and WHY Los Angeles lost TWO football teams.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote