View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Draft QB in 1st or 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Right but with how crappy this class is a guy with issues like Bray has is probably not worth a 1st or 2nd (like the article insinuates). I'm really big on looking at the draft overall and seeing which position groups are strong and which are weak.

There will be guys who are way way better than the guys who will probably go in the bottom of the first/top of the second that will probably be available at whatever pick the Texans have next year as opposed to this year. To me it just seems like they would be taking a QB just to take one to develop. Do that with one of the guys listed below Manziel on my list next year. Don't do that this year.

(Post is null and void if somebody like Geno Smith is available at #27 this year.)
This is my approach as well with the thinking that whichever position group is the deepest is the position that there will be a run on in the 1st. Happens every year. I remember in 2008 all the talk about who we should have available to us at the tackle position by the time we pick..Clady.....Cherilus...Otah...Albert. Duane Brown was an after thought. I remember folks on this board were upset b/c Brown was thought to be a project player..I'd say we nailed that one though lol.

Now If Geno falls that far,the football gods might've finally smiled down on us a little....can't see it though...dude was rumored to be the top overall pick at 1 point.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote