View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013   #13
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Those players lost last season obviously meant more to the team then many believed & we learned that the hard way as those positions struggled & now many feel they are needs. I understand that Winston & Ryans were let go because of salary cap issues, but once again those issues were Smith's doing & are still hurting this team w/ the loss of key players & the potential loss of more.

I hope you are right concerning Quin & how Smith views & values him, but I truly have my doubts in what Smith is capable of. Time will tell...
Not only were they let go due to salary cap issues, but their production was on the downhill. As an every other down back, ryans was being overpaid. Plus he didn't fit well into the system. I'm glad we got value for him. Great player, just didn't fit well in a 3-4 scheme. Winston seemed like he had already hit his peak, and we weren't going to get much more out of him. That and he committed a lot of penalties. Sure, losing them hurt our team a bit, but I feel like we could get better production through the draft.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote