View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013   #9
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Franchise deadline almost here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I read in the chronicle this morning that they will NOT be using the tag. That just means we have until march 12th to resign. It would be cheaper to resign, and make the cap hit for them small. But you don't want to give them to possibility to jump. All I know is if Quinn doesn't get resigned, I'm going to be incredibly pissed. Rick smith will become public enemy number 1 for me.
It seems the Texans have decided not use the franchise tag, as you stated, according the John McLame(McClain) of the Chronicle. Here's a link w/ a copy of the tweet from McLame.
http://www.stateofthetexans.com/?p=10659

I agree as far as Rick Smith, I haven't been overly impressed by the job he has done so far considering he did his best work, IMO, only when he felt his job was on the line following the 2010 season & by his & Kubiak's admission Wade played a key role in acquiring Watt & Reed. Losing key members of the team 2 seasons in a row because of a salary cap mess that he created his unacceptable IMO.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote