View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013   #17
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saw Mario Williams at 24 hr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
The biggest chore that celebrities and public figures deal with is having to talk to total strangers who want to feel important because a celebrity acknowledged them. I'm sounding condescending, but I've done the same thing in the past. If a celebrity has nothing to gain by saying hi to you, why should he? The attention seeker is dividing the celebrity's attention for selfish reasons, while the celebrity just wants to finish his damn leg presses at his girlfriend's gym.
I get that when it comes to the autograph and picture seeking hounds out there, especially when they're having dinner or something and they've got people coming up to they're table, but when you're just saying "hey, what up? as he's walking by you", as someone has mentioned, you wouldn't be where you're at without the fans, a simple nod of the head to acknowledge that person who just said hello isn't going to kill you. And that goes for any celeb.

The problem is, people put these celebs up on a pedestal, make them more important than they are. They're just people like you and me. I'm not a celeb but I can understand what it must be like to have these "worshippers", for lack of a better term, autograph seekers, etc, hounding you all the time for, as you put it, selfish reasons. But that's the price you pay to be in that business.

So if the OP had said he saw Mario at the gym and asked him for an autograph while he was working out and Mario said "no, I'm working out", so the OP now thinks Mario's a douche for not signing an autograph, well, I'm on Mario's side in that instance. But if he's just walking by and says "hi", and dude doesn't even acknowledge he exists, then screw Mario.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote