View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013   #11
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My 3 round mock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
In my mock Patterson and Allen have already been picked. I agree Hopkins is more pro ready and has a higher floor but Hunter is more athletic and has a higher ceiling. I'm swinging for the homerun here. I don't think it would take him that long to add another 15 lbs. and learn the route tree, he's got all summer, OTA's, private workouts, and training camp. I think by late August/early September he'd have the route tree down and will have added some of the necessary bulk to survive in the NFL. While his routes and productivity might be limited in the first season, like all rookies, by his second season he will have added more weight, completed his route tree, and have a years worth of experience, and his future is very bright. I think Hunter is worth the minimal risk..
It can be very difficult for guys with a leaner frame like Hunter to add weight quickly and not have it effect his speed/explosiveness. For the record I'm not sure he needs the extra weight to be effective. Having a 6'4" WR that can get deep might be all we need to open up our offense
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote