View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Atlanta Releases Dunta, Turner and Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ok the o-line was worse last year than the previous seasons. I dont agree with letting Wade go and having only 2 of the original 5 guys from 2 years ago.

Sure wade smith didnt look very good last year, but i promise you it could be worse. Remember in the Carr days with that oline ? D. Brown and Myers cant make up for the rest of the oline should they all continue to fail as they appeared to do much of last season.

So no lets leave o-line as is without making it worse IMO
Eh..... I think the OL worked better than most want to give credit. Matt threw for 4000 yards, was among the least sacked QBs in the league, Arian ran for 1400 yards & led the league in rushing TDs.

The problem was that they weren't worth a crap when we needed them to be. 3rd & 1, when we needed that yard, or 3rd & 18 when we needed that protection. That's when they failed us the most & I think we can expect improvement in those areas in the second years of Brooks, Jones, & Newton's (as a starter). I don't see any reason to believe Wade Smith will improve in this area especially since we were hoping he'd improve in this area after an abysmal 2011.