View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you be mad if the Texans drafted the top rated Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont at all disagree with the list of needs ... Just dont think you can solve all those issues in one draft. They have to hit on a cheap FA or two.

I'd move RDE down to the bottom of the list tho - unless they cut Smith.

QB .... I'd move to the top of the list if the rest of the team wasnt as good as it is. As it stands now , I think you have to run with Schaub and put him in the best possible situation for the coming season.

Next season .... I'd like to find his eventual replacement. Just not sure there are any franchise types coming out in 2014.
unconsciously or not (those just came to mind) doesn't reflect where they're selected. It's all about nailing picks as they fall with bpa who fit your scheme & need. I'm unsure anymore how to write a mock draft without preclusion's? Free agency will have some bearing on need factor. Get Greg Jennings that would be a home run. Add another fallen Cowboy, Jay Ratliff that would relieve tremendous pressure on this defense in the middle. So many variables.

I only understand player evaluation & the draft not salary cap ramifications, accounting or politics. When I mock it will be based off my draft grade & mine alone, however & this is something I've give a lot of thought to, is a player who is worthy of being named a Texan. What does that mean? It means a player who will out work you, a player that is smart both on & off the field, it means toughness but fairness, it means a team player who puts teammates first, in other words it's JJ Watts team & anybody who can follow in his footsteps, that is worthy is welcome aboard.

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote