View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013   #32
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I would be thrilled with an OT taken on the first day, but I think that would be more of a luxury than a need.

I think our top three positions of need are WR, OLB, S in that order. Our WRs are a mess & like we've been saying here for at least 2 years, if KDub is good enough to make the roster as a WR, our WR corps is not good enough.

ILB, chances are we won't experience the same amount of injuries to the position, we do need more talent there... but the OLBs were healthy & still failed to get pressure from the outside. It is imperative we get pressure with the front 4 & not rely on blitzing Cushing.

I'm worried about Manning. I don't know if his drop in performance was due to a different role, playing man more often because of the lack of quality ILB. I feel like he played center fielder more often in 2011 & I feel good about him playing in space. Personally I hope he plays well in 2013, increases his trade value so we can ship him off before the 2014 season. To facilitate that, I'd like to get his replacement in this draft.

Other areas of concern..... if we can find another Arian Foster, or an Alfred Morris in the draft it would help us a lot. Tate would have to have a good opening season, then hopefully we can trade him by the deadline. Tate's best contribution to the team, imo, was pushing Arian. He's not doing that from the bench & Forsett can't push Arian if Kubiak has no faith in him.

TE...... OD is great. We need someone better. Graham & Casey are expendable imo while we look for a better OD. I think KW would challenge OD as a TE.

OG...... if Brooks isn't the replacement for Wade, we need to find one. Wade making the pro bowl should help us trade him for something.
You don't see DT as a need with Cody being injured and only average at best to begin with? Mitchell hasn't shown much either. Our ILB's are going to take a beating if we don't get someone there who can protect them.