View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013   #24
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Analysis

Most of the "analysts" seem to think that Patterson will be the first WR off of the Board based upon his tremendous upside and would be selected well before the Texans 27th pick, but I'm thinkin the Texans wouldn't be interested in him anyway since he's got limited game experience (just 1 year as a starter).
I'm also reading that DeAndre Hopkins is maybe the best WR in terms of his readiness to make a contribution right away as a rookie receiver in the NFL, but he's lacking in long-speed as he failed to crack 4.5 at Indy.
So this brings us to Swope who's stunning 4.34 now makes him a legitimate "burner', and he's got multi years experience as a starter and one year as a starter in the biggest college stage of all, the SEC. He's not real big, but he's got descent size and is known as being durable and physically tough. And I think he could play in the slot or outside as a true WR, so my only question about him and also Hopkins is what kind of blockers are they ? As you know that's important for Kubiak and the Texans in their offense.
So I thinking the Texans may just get about any receiver they want if they make that their top priority and use their 27th pick on one, but if they wait until the second round all bets are off even including Swope's availability.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote