View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013   #26
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Post Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ers?id=2540179

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=...s&confirm=true

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nat...l-combine.html

You should read up on your steroid accusation history of Texans players sometime.

citation needed.

There is no unwritten rule that says you need to have a specific type of player on your team to win a SB other than "winner". Not drafting a guy because you are afraid he won't be on the field because of outside issues is perfectly justifiable, and not adhering to that in certain situations is the reason we laugh at the Titans for drafting Kenny Britt and Chris Johnson and Albert Haynesworth.

citation needed

If there were less WR's who have about the same abilities as Rogers with less of a concern with maturity and character issues off the field that would make the situation different, but there are a lot of those guys. If they trade back and pick him, fantastic, if not I certainly hope that they use the pick on someone else, or trade back to get him as I believe I will be there in the second round (probably all the way down the middle of the second round) for teams to draft.
You do realize there is a huge difference between being found guilty of something & being accused of something? Once again, Cushing has NEVER been found guilty of using steroids. Even with the links you provided nothing was proven. As you stated, they are accusations & they are unproven when it's all said & done.

As far as the Texans being conservative & choosing not to pick high risk players, you don't need a "citation" as proof because it's been a given for years & has been discussed by many, media & fans. It has also been proven by the way they select on draft day as well as how they select FA's. It's hardly a secret & just because they don't put in the paper or say in an interview doesn't mean it isn't true. Action speaks louder then words & the Texans FO have proven they slim to never bring in or select players w/ suspect character. Can't say I blame them, but I would hope that as this team improves & establishes more vet leadership that a young player could be brought in & that player would conform to the attitude of the team as opposed to the player being allowed to run wild similar to what the titans have dealt with & what they are currently dealing with. The Ravens seem to handle troubled players well & maybe one day the Texans handle their business in the same fashion.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote