View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013   #22
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXAg14 View Post
New poster here. Chiming in with my thoughts on Swope.

The guy was a great WR at A&M. People think he'll be too slow, but the guy ran a 4.34 in the 40...it isn't Goodwin speed at 4.22, but Goodwin was never a very good receiver. He's deceptively fast, has good hands and can take hits and hold on to the ball. I saw him get nailed by a defensive back a few times and he never missed a game. Usually came right back in after catching his breath.

I think the Texans should seriously consider him with the second round pick, if he's still available. Local kid, Texan fan...Would definitely increase interest from nearby A&M fans in the team and it fills a hole on the team...why not?

As for the first round pick, I'm still sold on defense first. Have one or two must-have WR, but in the case they aren't on the board, get some LB, DT help. And stay away from Manti Te'o.
That speed and toughness is what is going to make him a more productive NFL player than a lot of those taken before him in the Draft IMO. He will never be a #1 like AJ, but I think he will be a highly productive #2 or slot guy for a long time.

I'm also coming around to the idea of the Texans going with defense in the 1st. This will depend on what happens with Barwin and if all the WR's they are targeting in the 1st are gone. If Barwin leaves they may go OLB in the 1st with someone like Mingo, if he's still there; then go WR in the 2nd with Woods, Hunter, Patton, or Swope.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote