View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013   #39
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - 2.4 Million Cap Carryover for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Based on this, I think Smith and Walter are near locks to get cut. That's $5.5 Million the team could use.

So in summary, I think Wade Smith and Walters are gone. If the Texans are desperate, they may cut Daniels too.
Antonio Smith, Walter, and Wade Smith could get cut, but are just as or more likely to have their contracts extended or renegotiated. Wade Smith does not have a certain replacement. Neither does Antonio. Walter should see a replacement in free agency or the draft. But, he could accept another pay cut and remain. Daniels contract could easily be adjusted to free cap room. I don't see the cuts and free agent losses that were prevalent in the 2012 offseason.