View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans Draft QB in 1st or 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/0...back-interest/

Quote:
In all likelihood the Texans are feigning interest in a quarterback in a possible effort to stimulate trade talk where they sit at the bottom of round one, knowing the scenario exists where a quarterback needy team might trade up into the bottom of round one to land a better value at the quarterback position.
If I were a QB hungry team & I thought the Texans were looking at a QB, I would think their asking price would be higher than the team choosing just ahead of them. If the Texans want a QB, why would they trade their pick?

In that case, I would trade with the team ahead of the Texans to get my QB.

With that in mind, if the Texans are truly feigning interest, they aren't looking for a trade partner, they are looking for someone to draft a QB ahead of them so the player they really want falls to them....... or, if the next three or four teams aren't in the QB market, then a team may chose to trade, thinking the QB the Texans want would be there two or three choices later.

So yeah....... I don't know.