View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013   #17
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Post Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If the Texans really wanted Rogers they could probably take him after moving back into the higher part of the second round and net another pick as well. While he did have some issues with pot, he also had some "Randy Moss in Oakland" qualities when it came to route running when not the primary read on the play. That will be the red flag that drops him and there are enough WR's who will be available in the first who don't exhibit that one particular (yet gigantic) red flag.

EDIT: Also, you are failing to account for players like Cushing (roids) and Braman (shroomz!) when ascertaining whether the Texans would draft a player with drug issues. And blaming it on McNair. Nice.

Cushing has NEVER tested positive for steroids in his career. All rumors that seemed to have plagued him since high school, but never proven. I don't believe this is the same as Rogers because he was busted & admitted having an issue. Braman was busted, but the risk on an undrafted FA rookie vs the risk of possibly wasting a 1st or 2nd round draft pick on a known red flag player is quite a bit different IMO.

I like Rogers because of his abilities & the fire & attitude that he seems to play the game with, but he somewhat reminds me of Dez Bryant on how he cant get his head straight & possibly being a train wreck waiting to happen & ultimately a waste of talent. That's too much risk, IMO, when you consider that he isn't necessarily miles ahead of the other prospects available. Outside of his intensity, I don't see his other skills standing out that much more then some of the others who have less off field issues & are safer picks.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote