View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: DAL WR Miles Austin potential cap casualty Per Schefter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
This isn't about if he fits onto a crowded roster, TK. For the sake of the discussion, we are talking about the "what if" Miles Austin was playing on either team. Get depth chart out of the conversation. We're playing "what if."

We're discussing WHICH QB gets Miles Austin the ball. WHICH QB, if Miles Austin was catching passes every Sunday for either Ryan or Schaub, which QB utilizes a talent like Austin better?

Simple question. And there's no way on earth you can say, with a straight face, that the Matt Schaub we saw in the post season (even his pretty puny game vs. the Bengals in the first round, by the way) there's no way the Matt Schaub who finished the month of December and whimpered in the playoffs is going to be a better QB for Miles Austin.

We have a pretty glaring weakness at QB.
Andre Johnson out performs Roddy White year in & year out. Schaub doesn't have a problem getting the ball to a blue chip WR; no more than Matt Ryan anyway. I don't think that changes if the receiver is Miles Austin.

I'm not as confident in Schaub as Kubiak claims to be, but I do not see him as a glaring weakness. Like I said earlier, with him, were going to win the division & we're going to win a play off game. Without him, I have no idea but I think our chances are greatly reduced.

If Schaub misses a lot of time, most people here would not expect us to win the division or make the play offs & they'll be upset with Gary because he didn't provide a better back up. Some people will say they don't expect us to win the division or make the play offs with Schaub, but their expectations are different. They'll say we underachieved, meaning with Schaub this is a team that should win the division & win in the play offs.