View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DAL WR Miles Austin potential cap casualty Per Schefter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yes. Miles Austin wouldn't see the field in Atlanta. He's not going to take snaps or targets away from Julio Jones & Roddy White.

I also think there were reasons Schaub threw short passes instead of deep passes for a reason. Most likely because no one down field was open, or he didn't have the time to wait for it to develop.

I honestly believe the line will play better in 2013, & our young wide receivers will play better as well. Matt Schaub is going to look like the guy many here thought was elite. We're going to win the division again, we're going to the play offs again, probably get a first round bye, & we'll win at least one play off game again.

& I'm not saying this because I'm a Schaub fan. I'm not. But Matt Schaub has been pretty consistent, for better or worse, throughout his career. Many here can look at Schaub & know for a fact that he will not advance this club very far in the play offs. I look at him & I know for a fact he will get us into the play offs and anything can happen from there.
This isn't about if he fits onto a crowded roster, TK. For the sake of the discussion, we are talking about the "what if" Miles Austin was playing on either team. Get depth chart out of the conversation. We're playing "what if."

We're discussing WHICH QB gets Miles Austin the ball. WHICH QB, if Miles Austin was catching passes every Sunday for either Ryan or Schaub, which QB utilizes a talent like Austin better?

Simple question. And there's no way on earth you can say, with a straight face, that the Matt Schaub we saw in the post season (even his pretty puny game vs. the Bengals in the first round, by the way) there's no way the Matt Schaub who finished the month of December and whimpered in the playoffs is going to be a better QB for Miles Austin.

We have a pretty glaring weakness at QB. And it's magnified by a HC who is really turtling up because of it. That loyalty factor Kubiak possesses is a double-edged sword. It cuts him both ways, and right now...if Matt has peaked...the loyalty sword is going to behead Gary from the HC seat in Houston. End of story. There's really no way around that issue. A guy like Miles Austin would languish and starve and wither on the vie here.

If I was his agent, and IF I wanted to persuade him to pick either the Falcons or the Texans, that's a pretty easy choice in terms of which QB and team gives Miles Austin the better chance to not just put up stats, but to be on a stronger offense for the future. I think free agents of any high worth are going to be a little unsure of going to Houston right now...the 2011 momentum was lost in 2012. Big time.