View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 213686 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: DAL WR Miles Austin potential cap casualty Per Schefter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I think people who are getting upset that we haven't gotten past the divisional round of the playoffs were never Oiler fans....that team had all the talent (pro bowlers everywhere on offense and defense) and yet only got past the wild card spot twice while going to the playoffs 7 years in a row.
I don't know what it is. On the one hand I can understand it, especially from the Oiler fans, because they've been waiting a long time for a Lombardy in Houston.

On the other hand, none of the expansion teams since the Jags & Panthers have won a Super Bowl, only one (out of 4) has reached the Super Bowl one time. Then again, the Jags & Panthers each have played in two conference championship games.

So the Jags & Panthers have one Super Bowl and two conference championships between them in their first 18 years. We've got 7 years to accomplish as much, imo, to match their performance. & I think that's well within reach.

But it's totally understandable that our fans would be upset that we haven't gotten past the divisional round. That's where their expectations are & that's because the team has been doing so well. Two years ago we were expecting the Texans to be one & done in the play offs. Three years ago we were expecting the team to be a play off contender. Four years ago we were expecting them to have a winning record.

I'd have loved to have gone from zero to Super Bowl, like the 49ers did in two years. I'd have loved to have gone from zero to two conference championship games like Rex Ryans' Jets. But we didn't, it is what it is, & we should be looking forward, not back. There are more clubs wishing they had what we have than not.