View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: DAL WR Miles Austin potential cap casualty Per Schefter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You didn't watch Matt Ryan did you?

You're saying the guy who placed deep passes into Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez's hands, regularly and in crunch time (see: Awesome playoff game comeback vs. Seahawks) would be a WORSE fit for Miles Austin than Matt Schaub who was firing off check down "bail out" passes to Kevin Walter and triple-covered Andre Johnson?

Yikes.
Yes. Miles Austin wouldn't see the field in Atlanta. He's not going to take snaps or targets away from Julio Jones & Roddy White.

I also think there were reasons Schaub threw short passes instead of deep passes. Most likely because no one down field was open, or he didn't have the time to wait for it to develop.

I honestly believe the line will play better in 2013, & our young wide receivers will play better as well. Matt Schaub is going to look like the guy many here thought was elite. We're going to win the division again, we're going to the play offs again, probably get a first round bye, & we'll win at least one play off game again.

& I'm not saying this because I'm a Schaub fan. I'm not. But Matt Schaub has been pretty consistent, for better or worse, throughout his career. Many here can look at Schaub & know for a fact that he will not advance this club very far in the play offs. I look at him & I know for a fact he will get us into the play offs and anything can happen from there.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 03-01-2013 at 09:02 AM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote