View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #68
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tom Brady extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
hmmmmm, what part of my post answers your question?

Since Matt did not play in a playoff game until his 9th season, I did not see the point of post-season rookie play in my comparison.

yeah, nice, let's compare stats of a 5th round 3rd string rookie without an off-season to an 8-9 year veteran with years of experience with the same receivers. That's so academic and intellectually honest.

[/sarcasm]

Alright, throw those in there if it makes you feel better. Matt had 1 and TJ had 4. Not sure if those were lost or just fumbles, but makes no difference to me.

My point was not to advocate TJ Yates or act like he's something that he's not.

The point was that Schaub is not all that, and the fact that he can be compared to a backup QB is indicative of his not-even-close-to-elite status as an NFL QB.

I honestly do not understand what he has accomplished to warrant the homerish defense by so many Texans fans. Not a knock on you or anyone in particular, but I am not convinced in even the slightest way that he can or will do much more at 32 years old than play good enough regular season football to get us a post-season loss.

I wanted him to be great. But after January, I cannot wear blinders to Schaub's obvious handicaps as a QB. I'm a fan, just not that kind of fan.

BTW, Ed Reed has made lots of QBs look foolish. Perhaps that's why he's a first ballot HoFer?

Yates is what he is right now, and has a 1-1 post season record just like our much heralded pedestrian starting QB.

Y'all can rip on TJ Yates all you want (I'm not his defender), but all it does is make Schaub that much more average in the bigger picture.

Like I have said on multiple occasions:

BTW, I understand that Schaub has no competition for a couple of years and will be our starting QB for probably two more seasons at minimum. He's wonderful that way and Kubiak woud not want to put a dent in his mental state.

Just don't get your hopes up that he has it in him to carry this team in any sort of way. Winning it all with Schaub will require all aspects of this team to play beyond what we have seen so far. The Ravens won their first SB with Trent Dilfer, so we have that to hope for, I guess.

My question was rhetorical. You can keep playing up Yates' stats when hey are good and downplay the bad. Call it whatever you want but that's what you're doing. Schaub isn't elite or great but he is far and away better than Yates and a comparable playoff record is meaningless
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote