View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Tom Brady extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This is so tired and weak. Schaub was drafted in behind the highest paid player in the NFL and one considered an "elite" QB. Even with that there were calls in Atlanta for Schaub to take over. Multiple reports at the time said they traded him away to end the controversy.
And in 2007 we had people wanting Sage over Matt.... didn't mean anything.

And in 2012 we had people thinking Tj should start over Matt.... didn't mean anything.

But because Atlantans wanted to start Schaub over Vick, it meant something?

Yep... I'm missing something here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My take is that if the Texans go deep into the playoffs, it will be in spite of the QBs on the roster. Hope I'm wrong, but my perspective is based on history, not optimism of future unproven potential.
By that thinking, our early exit from the play offs had nothing to do with our QB. I'm not a big Schaub fan either, but if The Patriots losing in the AFC Championship game does not mean they need another QB, I don't believe the Texans losing the week before means we need another QB, or that Schaub can't take us farther. Too many things went wrong to put it all on our QB.

If there's an Aaron Rogers or Ben Roethlisberger, or even a Jay Cutler in this draft I'm all about doing what it takes to get him. But I also understand there's a better than good chance he'll turn out to be J.P. Losman, or Tim Couch.

I'm not the kind of guy who will cry that my HC/GM won't take chances, but then cry when they do & it doesn't work out.

I'd rather be 12-4 with a win in a home play-off game with Matt Schaub & Gary Kubiak, than whatever the Cleveland Browns are doing, or the KC Chiefs, or the Detroit Lions, or the Buffalo Bills, or the Minnesota Vikings, or Oakland Raiders, or the St. Louis Rams. That's the youngest franchise in the league other than the Texans & 6 of the 10 teams that hired a new HC in 2006.