View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #68
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reasonable price for Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You actually think Texans do not have a plan just because they do not post on this MB? I think Barwin will go like negotiations did with Mario Williams. Smith makes an offer then waits. I think it will end the same with some team willing to overpay Connor.
1st & foremost, I want to be clear that I'm not a Mario fan & am extremely happy that he is no longer a Texan. He was more hype then production & was extremely overrated & injury prone. I'm glad he is now the Bills problem, but in all honesty I don't think the Texans ever really made a real offer to Mario based on his following statements.

"It is a decision that the general manager (Rick Smith) made," Williams said. "Opened the door and pretty much gave me a one way exit. That was it. At the end of the day it is what it is. It is part of the business. People do not realize what really happened at that point in time. That is fine. The fans can only go off of what they hear everybody else say. It is part of the game. I am here now and just have to make the best of it."

Williams felt like the Texans weren't even willing to negotiate when free agency began. He said Houston never even made him an offer.

"It is the simple fact of everybody looks at it like you just up and left," he said. "You do not know the fact of basically being told, 'We are not giving you anything as far as an offer or anything like that.' Your hands are tied in that aspect. Everybody else looks at it like that you just went into free agency and left.

"Obviously there was plenty of time for things to be done and it was not," he said. "That is fine with me. I just wish everybody else that runs their mouth, says this and that knew the whole story about it before making a decision about me — just abandoning the fans, the team and everything else like that — that is not my role. I am not that type of guy."

I can't say I'm disappointed about how the Texans handled Mario, but I do hope this isn't how they handle Barwin. I still believe Barwin has potential to be a good pass rusher. Unfortunately, I agree that some team will probably overpay & he will be gone. I'm just hoping that they can at least re-sign Quin. I think Rick Smith has been the culprit in creating most of this salary cap mess & have so-so feelings about his job performance thus far, BUT the one thing he did right was NOT resign Mario & cripple this team w/ an overpaid diva eating up tons of salary cap.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote