View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #65
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166359 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reasonable price for Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Just gotta say..... I'm worried that we haven't heard anything yet from the Texans concerning free agents.

Tomorrow is March 1st, the deadline is March 12th. Unless there is a lot of cap room that we haven't heard about yet, I would think the Texans would be making cuts, restructuring contracts, trading players, something.

We've got Connor to try to sign & we've got Quin to try to sign. Even if we can't get either of them, extra cap room would be nice.

I don't know how the Texans F.O. work, but I'd like to think if I were running the show, I would have a plan. How much cap space do we need to sign the guys we need. How do we clear that much cap space without hurting us too much in the future. I'd have decided which of my FAs I want to keep, & I would pursue keeping them. I'd have decided which FAs I'm not to worried about keeping & I'd try to trade them if I can, or go ahead let them know, & cut them. I'd have an idea of what players on other teams I'd like to try to acquire & open talks with those GMs.

Seems to me, this is too difficult for the Texans to do. I get the feeling that we're trying to sign Barwin then when that is done we'll move on to trying to sign Quin. Then we'll move on to whatever else they want to accomplish this off-season.
I think this "silence" has a bit to do with evaluating who did what at the combine and deciding who (if anyone) fit their scheme(s) best among the rookies on display. Besides, which F/A's out there should they be in a hurry to snag? Who has been given their walking papers from other teams that we would be coveting - and that we can afford??

So why make any moves until they've targeted guys they think can fill those holes? Why broadcast team needs (by cutting guys loose) before you have to?

Do you think we'd be bargaining from a position of strength, either with a F/A or for a trade, is the agent/GM knows we just cut (to pick a name) Barwin and now HAVE to replace him?

Naaah... I wouldn't make moves until I had to either. Too early.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote