View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Reasonable price for Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You actually think Texans do not have a plan just because they do not post on this MB? I think Barwin will go like negotiations did with Mario Williams. Smith makes an offer then waits. I think it will end the same with some team willing to overpay Connor.
I think the Texans have a plan that I'm not comfortable with (I know that means jack to the Texans, I'm just saying). They should know what they want to do this offseason & should be making moves to do that. If their plan is anything like ours, then there is a need to clear cap room. I would think there would be some news about the Texans making moves to clear cap space. I'd appreciate it if the Texans would place that news here on the Message Board, but if they don't I'm sure one of their wonderful fans would.

I think they need a WR, an ILB, & a safety; would be nice to get a RT. They can try to fill those positions through the draft, through FA, or through trade. The draft is a couple of months away. FA doesn't start until March 12th, right now would be a good time to work out a trade.

The 49ers are in a better position than us, yet they just made a trade that cleared cap room & added assets to their draft capital. The Jets have made a lot of moves to clear cap space & prepare for the 2013 league year. we're hearing news from other teams around the NFL preparing for the new year.

The Texans are sitting on their thumbs waiting on Connor Barwin when there are a lot of things they need to be doing.

But I'm not the GM.