View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #43
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 2013 Post Senior Bowl Texan Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Nice job overall! I am working on my post combine mock and wanted to offer some feedback.

1. I actually thought his 40 time was a bit slower than expected. Watt who is almost 2 inches taller and almost 15 lbs heavier ran it only 0.04 second slower. That said, 40 times for DL aren't what is important to me, I am more interested in bench(for strength) and cone drills, and 10 yard splits for agility, athleticism. I need to look up his times. However, the eyeball test tells me that he is a potential 2 DL positional player. For me that is what is important considering the lack of help on the rest of the UCLA DL.

2. The WRs are a mystery to me. I literally have no idea who will be available at the 1st round pick let alone the second. I maintain that there are probably 10 good wrs who would help this team in the short and longterm. Patton is one of those guys and I would be happy with him here.

3. Ah!!! My boy BW! Yes. I agree he is a stronger, bigger, version of Earl Mitchell. To me, thats a great thing. Earl is good for what he is, but he gets pushed around a bit too much. A bigger version would allow Wade more room for error. I also think he mid 2nd-mid 3rd. Big reasonably athletic 330lbs NTs don't grow on trees and tend to get selected early on day 2.

3. VERY explosive, small school prospect. I hate to say sleeper because everyone knows who he is. Good speed, size, and able to play man. Not sure about zone, but he looks like a good fit for man.

4. Agree he should be off the board by the fourth. Good prospect, nice wrestling background. My fear is that he is only a OG prospect. Not nimble enough to play C, not strong enough to play OT. I would prefer a more versatile OL.

5. I keep coming back to him too. I have flirted with numerous other TEs, but I keep coming back to big Mike. Superior blocking means immediate starter and ability to catch means defenses have to be honest. I cant tell you how much time I spent trying to find combine numbers and reports on him only to realize he wasn't invited!!!

5. John Boyett: an Oregon product. Athletic, speedy. Don't know much about him, so will defer to you here.

5. Locke looked good...unfortunately too good at the combine and senior bowl. I could see him as a 4th rounder in the draft. Much as I like him, I can't quite spend a 4th on him. If he is here in the fifth, I'd probably pull a muscle running up to the podium!

6. Can't argue too much with Kyle Juszczyk. I prefer Boren only because I think he could be acquired later and has potential as a LB as well.

7. Pass. He is 5'6, 190lbs and he runs a 4.8 40. At his size, he should be somewhere in the 4.4 range, not the 4.8 range. He was running the same speed as people who outweighed him by 30+lbs. Small and slow is not a good combination.

7. LOVE it!. I have him as a 6th round pick in the mock I am working on. I agree he is a great fit as the #2 ILB in the Wade 3-4 and would provide excellent depth. He is a 2 down LB at best and quite frankly a good 2 down LB next to Cush is exactly what the team needs.

A well thought out, well scouted, and very good mock. Then again, BL, I would expect nothing less from you!

Thank you.

This was just an overview of prospect post senior bowl incorporating aspects from Combine. My actual Post Combine Mock will change. More accurate (I hope relative to current trends & grades).

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote