View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #62
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 125714 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reasonable price for Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What did Barwin do in 2012 that Reed did not? I don't get why Reed is a failed project but it's a bad time to lose Barwin.

The Texans could have franchised Schaub for the same cap hit, or less, than his new contract ($17.5 million).
Schaub's cap for 2012 was $12 m and for this season 11m. Does not get close to Tag until 2015. The $17.5 may be the signing bonus which the did pay up front but does not all hit cap.

I keep reading your post, are you saying the tag would have been less than his 2012 base (4.4) + his bonus ($17.5m) paid up front? If yes, that is correct but has nothing to do with cap hit.