View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #144
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Regarding Schaub, again, it originated on the old TT board, TexanMike mentioned him first. I looked into it and I agreed that we should make a trade. My original price was a third round pick!

Obviously, I wasn't all that "thrilled" with Schaub.
Sure, I understood that we have to pay more for a previous third round pick that had shown "something" after a couple years on the bench.

Sure, eventually, we learned that the Falcons put a "first and third" designation on Schaub; it doesn't mean that I was happy with the swap in the first round and the two seconds we exchanged, on top of the contract that I thought was more than a bit high, especially considering the guaranteed money.

You can see that I thought we overpaid for Schaub.

And I've never been a Schaub's hater!
All I'm interested in is to build a team to compete, then go to the play-offs, then to contend to go deep as many times as you can.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote