View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #143
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

I remember Greg Cosell gushing over Jamarcus Russell about "the big arm", "intuition", "can make every throw"... "From any platform".

Well, I disagreed with Cosell on 2 and 4.
Cosell thought very highly of Jamarcus, when I thought Russell was way-overhyped (even by some QB coaches, scouts, and GMs; even Al Davis.)

So like I said, I like Cosell, but I didn't agree with him here and there.
I think he was quite high on VY, too???
Jamarcus & VY are brain damaged. That's something Cosell had no way of knowing. You've got to sit down with a player & find out where their head is. They either love football, or they love what football can provide for them. You've got to figure out if they love it enough to do what it takes for a long time. The answer with VY & Jamarcus was no.... had nothing to do with their ability.