View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #142
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Let's backtrack to 2006.
I like VY as a college QB; he has great athleticism; I had concern about him being able to develop his passing game in the pro; I had concern about him running too much when he shouldn't, he may injures himself; or worse, he may rely on his feet too much to become a competent passer.
I like Reggie Bush; he's tremendous in space. I had concern about him being able to run between the tackles to be a great 3-down back.

I had separate discussion/bet with posters on the old TT board, but it was all tied together with Mario Williams.

My thinking is that Mario will have a better career overall than VY and Bush.

To a degree, they were all injured at some point(s) in their career; Mario's injuries has been more of a freakish nature, while VY's and Bush's have been more of a natural nature of the kind of players they are.

And yet (at least so far) Mario is still way ahead of the other two.

I think my evaluation here isn't too shabby.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote