View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #9
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Texans according to PFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
They have Arian Foster, Daniel Manning, and Johnathan Joseph as 3 of the top 4 OVERPAID Texans. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
They're basing it off of production.
The way I understand PFF to work is that they evaluate each player on every play. Some of it has to be guestimation because they don't know exact assignments on every single play. Still, I think a tremendous amount of work goes into this each game, and what PFF scores I heard for Texans players that the Texans themselves commented on were pretty close to the Texans evaluation.

So, I wouldn't just laugh it off as stupid, dumb, etc just because it doesn't pass someones eyeball test.

What hurt Arian in their valuation is his number of snaps and ypc. He's one of the best backs, but he's also one of the highest paid with a ypc asterisk.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote