View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 49ers Trade Alex Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Chiefs overpaid for Smith, I think had they waited longer they could've gotten a better deal for Alex. I see him more as a stop gap solution, they could've probably gotten a better long term project at 33.

I think for the Niners you risk gambling Kapernick misses time because well...it's going to be #33 on a team loaded with talent. I don't see how you don't make that trade if you're SF. It's not like Smith's skillset is irreplaceable. They can get a journeyman QB.
I have to imagine there were other teams interested in Alex Smith. We may never know it, but I'm sure the Chiefs have their own guys sitting around thinking about what's available at 33 compared to the value of an Alex Smith.

I honestly don't see a whole lot of difference between KC & the Houston Texans. They look like they've got all the pieces needed to be a winning club, but they've underachieved for one reason or another.

I think it will be very interesting to see what happens there after changing QB & HC & GM again.