View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: WR catch rate: Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Course these are just numbers and some also goes on the receiver to get the YAC as Walter was horrible at this. At the same time it displays a tendency and why many say we simply don't stretch a defense enough at times.

Anyway, take from it what you will. Just found it interesting the more I put all this crap together lol.
To be truly useful, for the purpose you stated, we need to see how these numbers compare to past seasons. We've never been a vertical offense, this is a WCO. At the same time, those runs, those short passes would set us up for the big play down the field.

There's no doubt in my mind, that 2012's offense was limited compared to our offense in the past. What I don't agree with is that Matt Schaub & Gary Kubiak were the limiting factors. Loosing Jacoby hurt us more than some want to admit.

KDub isn't going to get YAC & though he may get down the field every now & again, defenses aren't drawn away from the LOS because of it. OD & James Casey may get you some YAC, but they're not going to get the defenses to back up & spread out.

I am not saying we didn't win the Super Bowl because we didn't have Jacoby Jones. I don't think he would have had as many catches as Walter had we cut Walter & kept Jones. But he would have had as many if not more yards & he'd have had a higher ypc. There would have been more space for everyone else on the field. I never thought Jacoby was better than Walter, just different & for this offense, I prefer to have Jacoby.