View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #53
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tom Brady extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You think Schaub showed any glimpse as a rookie?

Rookie TJ looked a heckuva' lot better than rookie Matt.

Rookie Schaub was 33 of 70 (47.1%), 1 TD, 4 INT, and a whopping 42 QB rating.

Rookie TJ was 82 of 134 (61.2%), 3 TD, 3 INT, and a respectable 81.7 QB rating...and he won a playoff game, which Schaub did not accomplish until his 9th year in the league.

Btw, both rookies played in 6 games (not including playoff games), so it's a valid comparison.

I'm not saying that TJ Yates is the second coming of Tom Brady. However, when you can make an argument comparing our starting QB to a 5th round rookie who did not have the benefit of an off-season, perhaps the reality is that our starter is pedestrian, at best.
Schaub did not show much as a rookie and that is why he was a back up like TJ. If Yates excites a coach, he will be a starter...somewhere. I like Yates as a back up that hopefully can manage Texans if Schaub goes out.