View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #97
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR catch rate: Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yes football is not baseball and you have to be careful in using them but they are not useless either. It's all well and good to come up with a scenario for an 8 yd reception on 3rd and 10 but we are talking about a body of work here with thousands of passes against multiple teams and coaches. Schaub hasn't magically been allowed to have 8 yd passes his entire career. .
True, when I discovered that a third of Geno Smith's passes were behind the LOS last year I turned my head like a dog.

Schaub throwing underneath is fine (conservative is better than stupid) in tight games but when we need to score late behind by two or more scores (see the 10 min, 4th quarter drive in the Patriot game)...you just have to start getting the ball upfield or you are not going to win important games like that. The Patriots were dictating where the ball was thrown and Schaub/Kubiak accommodated that.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote