View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #94
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR catch rate: Texans

I can completely understand why folks feel we are a dink and dunk offense when passing the ball. Personally, I don't care what Schaub did in the past as I care about the Schaub of today after the injuries, after age and after more wear on the arm, body and mind. To me, what he did three years or ago or what not is irrelevant to present.

Breaking down the percentage of the direction of the passes among quarterbacks that had at least 800 snaps I found the information a bit telling. Only quarterback with less snaps I threw on her was Colin Kaepernick because I first began this among playoff quarterbacks then decided to go for broke. So this is of 27 quarterbacks who had 800+ snaps except for Kap. So no Titans who bounced from Timmy to Locky or the Cardinal trio of misfits, Blahbert or Henne, etc.

Matt Schaub was 26th out of 27 when it came down to percentages of passes 20+ yards. Only Christian Ponder went this direction a less percent of his passes.

Matt Schaub was 23rd out of 27 when it came down to percentages of passes 10-19 yards.

Matt Schaub was 2nd out of 27 when it came down to percentages of passes 0-9 yards (Romo was first)

Matt Schaub was 11th out of 27 when it came down to percentages of passes behind the line of scrimmage

So basically what this illustrates is that yes...Schaub did tend to dink and dunk it last year. A rather large percentage of his pass were from behind the line of scrimmage to the up to 9 yards. Course these are just numbers and some also goes on the receiver to get the YAC as Walter was horrible at this. At the same time it displays a tendency and why many say we simply don't stretch a defense enough at times.

Anyway, take from it what you will. Just found it interesting the more I put all this crap together lol.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote