View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Draft QB in 1st or 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
To be fair, this isn't even from the team, per se. It's pure conjecture from the team's media arm.
Yeah, Kubiak made a couple comments when asked a question at the Combine and everyone's running with it. He even said they do the same evaluation of QBs every year. I reckon Schaub's rough stretch has about everything to do with it. Much ado about nada, imo

Quote:
(Evaluating the QB depth in draft) "You're always looking to do that. I have a young player in T.J. (Yates) who I think a lot of. He goes from playing a lot of football, starting a playoff game to basically not doing much of all this year, having maybe 10 snaps, that was tough. I have a young player from the Univ. of Houston in Case Keenum, I think a lot of who came a long way for me last year. I feel good about those guys pushing Matt. And then we did sign McGee here a couple of weeks ago. In this business, you better be looking for young quarterbacks you think have a chance to be a 10, 12-year guy. This year will be no different.''
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...a-241c531ffbc1