View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013   #44
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 49ers Trade Alex Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I think the Chiefs made a great deal. Alex Smith is a good quarterback. He can make all the throws. He is athletic. He makes good decisions. He's healthy and young. There isn't anything not to like. He has not produced a great body of work. However, I think that is less a result of his ability and more his situation. In two years with a good coaching staff and team in place, he was a winner and effective. Teams can want an elite QB.. It doesn't mean they are available.

I except Smith to have a very good career. Not only is he a talented QB who has played well the past few seasons... Now he has a chip on his shoulder. Chiefs are now the team to beat in the West for the next 4 or 5 years. If Andy Reid isn't burned out, I expect Smith to rank among the top 10 QBs in the NFL yearly. If I were a Chief's fan, I would be overjoyed right now!
He will be good and improve under Reid. I dont know about top 10, but this will be Smith's chance to throw the ball 30-35 times a game in Reid's offense. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote