Originally Posted by steelbtexan
1. Hunter, I like Rodgers more, but Hunter has the ability to be a true #1 in a couple of yrs. I haven't heard that he's a bad blocker. 2 yrs removed from ACL surgery means you will be getting the 2011 Hunter and that Hunter is a top 10 pick.
2. Williams- agreed, hope he's still there.
3. Fragel- great feet, strongest OT at the combine, mean streak, hope he's still there.
3. Klien- he's a very smart guy who ran 4.66 (2nd best amongst ILB's, faster than Ogletree) 1.60 10 yd split 4th fastest .003 from being the fastest. (Same as Ogletree) So Klien is more athletic, smarter football player and less of a headcase than 1st rd pick Ogletree. The Texans will be lucky if Klien is available in the 3rd.
4. With Posey gone, that leaves Martin/Jean/Walter. Stills is taller/faster/better and more of a playmaker than Martin. (I'm biased against Big 10 WR's, they are always overrated. When is the last time a star WR came out of the Big 10?) Jean doesn't have deep speed or the ability to get separation like Stills does. Competition at WR can only help improve the team.
5. Knott- Yes Klien/Knott were the best duo of LB's in the country. Better than Ogletree/Jones. IMHO While not as flashy as Ogletree/Jones, Klien/Knott just made plays all over the field. Knott would be a steal here.
6. Toilolo- They need a blocking TE to replace Dreesen, If Toilolo isn't there, give me Kasa. Both are big physical blockers that can seal the edge.
6.Boyett- Agreed, worth the risk in the 6th.
7. Foltz- I meant OG, he's a big guy that has a chance to beat out a PS type guy like White, he's got some ability and appears to have a good work ethic.
Watch it! Some folks frown on opinions, even if it's yours & you are entitled to it, in which you lump a group of players in a classification, such as "overrated", based on their conference or school. I have the exact same feeling about USC WR's, so I'm too am biased & understand the feeling because just as you asked...when was the last time a good WR came out of USC? More hype then production IMO. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is biased against a conference or program concerning certain positions. I feel soooo much better now. Lol! Sorry...back to the subject.
I like Hunter from what I've watched. He catches the ball w/ his hands as opposed to letting it get to his body. He also does well over the middle not short arming catches & doesn't go down w/ 1st contact getting decent YAC. Considering his slender build that is a big plus in my book. If he could bulk up then his YAC ability should only get better IMO. The knee doesn't seem to be an issue & I was impressed w/ the more videos that I watched.