View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post combine mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Maybe. Do you really know that as a fact? Neither does the NFL. If he's clean for the combine test, that's a positive that could sway a team that's looking for a physical WR in the 2nd round. The Texans could be one of those teams. But, is he head and shoulders above guys like Williams, Hopkins, Woods, Hunter, or Patton? No, and they don't have the bad rap that Rogers has.
I agree with Lucky here.
Not only that, even without the baggage, I don't know which of these guys are better than one another.

The only two sure firs rounders for me is Patterson and a healthy Allen.

I love Austin, but I'm not thrilled about his size.
Granted, he can do other things well.
So to me, he also belongs with the second group.

I'd like to wait until their pro days to get a little better read on them.

Right now, I'm not even sure I would take Rogers over Marcus Wheaton or Aaron Dobson. All these guys are different; each brings certain things to the table.

It's so difficult to scout these receivers because of the variables around them.
The QB, the O-line, the competition they faced, the calls that dictate the routes they run, depending on how the games were going.

And there we other factors involved.
Like I can say that Bailey is a real playmaker.
He runs side line route with room to spare for the QB.
He made a lot of tough catches where he had to adjust to the ball, or with tight coverage on him, or because he has to outmuscle or whatever to win the posession, or how he managed to keep both feet in bound, or how he was able to draw an interference call.

Bailey might be a sleeper for whatever reason, but the guy is just a football player and he earned most of the things he got on the field.

Where do we slot him?
It's not that easy.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote