View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Post Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
first one out of the blocks, guess your forty is pretty strong?

like WR in 1st. have questions about Hunter, his frame, endurance, work ethic & ability to block downfield.

Like Brandon Williams pick. 2nd seems about right, although someone may, emphasis on may pick him up sooner which would require Texans to trade up to grab him in the second?

Fragel has really moved up just a month ago I had mocked him in the 5th. think there is better player available here ready to contribute.

Klein is also a little high in my rankings, doesn't strike me as very athletic, just a smart football player, high motor guy, not a terrible pick but think a quicker, better athlete needs to be added, too much of what we already have in terms of speed.

Stills is very similar to Martin, too similar. Nice player really crowds the playing field with, again, more of the same.

Iowa State fan? they do produce solid LB's

Now I love Toilolo. I think he also goes much earlier. I like him in the 4th rd. would add much needed size & ability to seal the edge.

Love Boyett as well. what did he do 26 reps or something, honey badger only four? This is a very solid individual both on & off the field. As he proves recovered from season ending surgery I would expect him to go higher, he's not all that different than Jarius Byrd & Patrick Chung both from Oregon & both selected in the 2nd rd.

Foltz in Casey out? I would probably choose another position like a punter or running back.

Overall you have a mixed bag of nuts, very high risk reward early, then reach to address positions of need then over draft similar skill sets & valuations (grades) just seem a bit off. I would tighten up your projections & cover more bases (varied positions). But as always enjoy read & appreciate your effort & passion.
1. Hunter, I like Rodgers more, but Hunter has the ability to be a true #1 in a couple of yrs. I haven't heard that he's a bad blocker. 2 yrs removed from ACL surgery means you will be getting the 2011 Hunter and that Hunter is a top 10 pick.

2. Williams- agreed, hope he's still there.

3. Fragel- great feet, strongest OT at the combine, mean streak, hope he's still there.

3. Klien- he's a very smart guy who ran 4.66 (2nd best amongst ILB's, faster than Ogletree) 1.60 10 yd split 4th fastest .003 from being the fastest. (Same as Ogletree) So Klien is more athletic, smarter football player and less of a headcase than 1st rd pick Ogletree. The Texans will be lucky if Klien is available in the 3rd.

4. With Posey gone, that leaves Martin/Jean/Walter. Stills is taller/faster/better and more of a playmaker than Martin. (I'm biased against Big 10 WR's, they are always overrated. When is the last time a star WR came out of the Big 10?) Jean doesn't have deep speed or the ability to get separation like Stills does. Competition at WR can only help improve the team.

5. Knott- Yes Klien/Knott were the best duo of LB's in the country. Better than Ogletree/Jones. IMHO While not as flashy as Ogletree/Jones, Klien/Knott just made plays all over the field. Knott would be a steal here.

6. Toilolo- They need a blocking TE to replace Dreesen, If Toilolo isn't there, give me Kasa. Both are big physical blockers that can seal the edge.

6.Boyett- Agreed, worth the risk in the 6th.

7. Foltz- I meant OG, he's a big guy that has a chance to beat out a PS type guy like White, he's got some ability and appears to have a good work ethic.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote