View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013   #139
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I'm not gonna say i told ya so, but you're not the only guy who watches tape. Just as i stated the faults of schaub way before anyone wanted to admit them, barkley is in that same mold. When there is pressure inside, he cant reset his feet off a slide and deliver the ball down the field. Now, people want to use brady as an exapmle, but before the knee injury, brady was pretty moblie. He never had a cannon, but he didnt have to wind up to deliver. If you go back and look at brady post injury, he had all kinds of problems getting the ball outside to moss. Even right now, 80% of his passes are inside the numbers. Barkley is like this and its hard to be successful with a guy like that. In the playoffs, you will have people at your feet and once you anchor, sometimes you have to reset and go to other options. Thats something barkley cant do because he has slow feet. I mean, Vick has slow feet as crazy as it may sound, but he has one of the best arms in the nfl.
I typed out a long response to you, but it got lost.

I'll just make it brief this time.
I think Barkley's floor is a very good back up; more likely he will be an NFL starter, ie. I think he will earn his second contract as a starter.

Now, our "friend" Cosell calls him a 4th rounder, which I read as "at best a backup".

What's your range?

On Schaub, neither one of us was mistaken.
I was never high on Schaub; never thought of him as a guy who can carry a team.
I have no idea what you mean about "I told you so" regarding to Schaub.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote